WHAT'S NEXT CHARLOTTE?
CREATING THE NEXT WAVE OF CHARLOTTE'S MOST SUCCESSFUL BUSINESSES
Building on AMP UP!, the City of Charlotte's premier small business development program, NXT|CLT aims to create a robust pathway of success for businesses owned by people of color. The initiative was birthed out of a desire to create a real, accessible and highly effective movement towards driving growth for high potential small and emerging businesses owned by people of color. The goal is to increase the number of these businesses while creating an ecosystem of effective support for many more.
Three Areas of Emphasis:
Ensure that there is provision made for business owners to receive the latest management strategies and approaches.
Ensure that businesses have access to large enterprise organizations,
and that there are meaningful relationships being created.
Access to Capital
Ensure that companies have access to capital resources to scale and grow their businesses.
PROGRAM | PEOPLE | PLACE
At the heart of the initiative will be a cohort with emerging companies and their leaders that will receive mentoring, resources, and grants to help them move toward identifiable success. The program will be lead by accomplished business leaders and best in class experts. The full weight of the city, its business leaders and community, will be behind ensuring the development and success of the model and these companies. Other elements of the program include:
- A 6-month professional development cohort
- An innovative curriculum developed/guided by the business leader’s needs
- Direct engagement between business owners and industry executives
- A customized coaching plan to specifically align resources to each company
- Peer led support network to share best practices and provide support
- Each participating firm will quality for $15,000 in financial support for operations and capacity building